The combination of multiple points of view is necessary for the success of a business. We bring to your business the vision of the best professionals with experience in different areas of practice.
areas of law
In terms of social security, our team advises affiliates to the pension system in the management for the recognition of old-age and disability pensions and represents them before the competent authorities for the correction and / or reassessment of their benefits; We advise companies with pension obligations under their responsibility in the normalization of pension liabilities; we accompany clients in claims to the health system for economic benefits; We advise companies in the accompaniment of their workers in qualification processes of loss of work capacity and / or origin of the illness or accident; The team also has certified professionals in the implementation of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (SG-SST).
We have extensive experience advising the most representative national and international companies in matters of labor and social security issues described. Additionally, we have the privilege of being the only representative in Colombia of the international alliance Ius Laboris, the main international network of law firms specializing in labor law, providing comprehensive advice with international projection through all sectors of the economy.
An opportunity for growth in the industry is related to digital technology, where initiatives are being presented focused on offering a new model of customer service, in order to face the challenges with new services and needs of increasingly sophisticated consumers. E.g. Of these initiatives are the Insurtech, which are the new companies and startups that are responsible for injecting technological innovations in the sale of insurance.
The insurance sector in Colombia is made up of insurance companies, insurance and reinsurance intermediaries, and representative offices of foreign reinsurers and insurance, reinsurance and foreign intermediary companies that can act locally through the registers special.
Currently, the country has registered 24 general insurance companies, 20 life insurance companies, and two insurance cooperatives. Additionally, there are 49 insurance and reinsurance brokerage companies and 19 representation offices of foreign reinsurers. In the last decade the sector grew significantly with an increase of 12.3% and a penetration of premiums over the GDP of 2.79%. This growth has been leveraged by the increase in the population with greater ability to pay and, to this extent, personal insurance such as car policies, individual health and life, are generating more dynamics to the market.
- Advice on purchases and sales.
- Advice on issues of shareholder activism.
- Privatizations and capitalizations.
- Joint Ventures.
- Splits and reorganizations.
- Shareholder agreements.
- Exit strategies.
- Organization of competitive processes.
- Antitrust regulation.
- Defense in hostile shots.
- Feeding Fee: It refers to the right that protects certain people to receive from another what is necessary to survive and live with dignity.
- Permission to Leave the Country of Minors: This is the legally issued authorization presented by the legal representatives of a minor or the competent authority, before the Colombian immigration authority, upon leaving the country.
- Custody of Minors: refers to the care of minors, which by law corresponds to parents.
- International Restitution of Minors: Its objective is to prioritize and expedite the procedures with a view to restoring the minor to his natural domicile.
- Deprivation of parental authority: parental authority can be deprived when there is a repeated breach of the duties of the parents, for example, lack of payment of maintenance, lack of compliance with the regime of personal relationships, manifest disinterest on the part of a parent.
- Adoptions: it is an event that allows the establishment of filial parental ties, although there is no biological link.
- Impugnation of paternity: request that the defendant be declared a non-child and that the birth record be corrected, additionally the sentence in damages.
- Inheritance: The inheritance consists in the transfer of assets, rights and undertaken obligations due to death. In an inheritance judicial process, the destination of the deceased’s assets (Causation) is determined.
- Wills: Voluntary declaration of a person expressing what he wants to be done with his property after his death.
- Family Property Planning: We provide advice for the proper administration of your estate. So that it can be preserved, optimized and transmitted to the next generation.
- Inheritance before death: The living partition prevents carrying out fraudulent acts that harm others who have a legitimate interest in the equity that is distributed, and who can claim to reserve the usufruct.
- Studies of titles.
- Structuring of urban and fiduciary projects.
- Obtain licenses and urban planning procedures in general.
- Englobes and desenglobes of properties.
- Development, management and review of contracts of sale, lease, easements and mortgages.
Real estate sector is made up of segments, residential and non-residential. When talking about construction, in general, housing and civil works are the segments that achieve greater prominence. However, the building activities of non-residential works are also relevant and can give an account of how is the economy of a country, as they show how is the trade, storage and all those sectors that require offices for its operation; that is, it is related to the sectoral GDP.
- We know the real estate market and the needs of our clients, which is why we have a portfolio of services to offer them all the legal solutions that allow them to develop their businesses efficiently and successfully. With this in mind, our real estate practice offers comprehensive advice and assistance in the structuring, negotiation, documentation and closing of all types of transactions related to the real estate industry.
We provide comprehensive advice on important public and private real estate projects in Colombia, supporting the main developers, landowners, concessionaires and real estate investment funds, among other relevant actors in the sector. Our team has extensive experience in (i) commercial real estate law; (ii) urban law; (iii) agroindustry. The real estate team works in coordination with other specialized teams in different areas (taxes, litigation, arbitration and insolvency and banking and financial services, among others), which allows the extension and expansion of the services offered in order to serve the purposes of our clients.
We advise multinational companies in commercial transactions in the energy mining sector, including the allocation of mining titles and exploration and production contracts, the negotiation of contracts with state agencies, the drafting and negotiation of service contracts, the financing of projects and the management of day-to-day operations.
We assist our clients in the structuring, financing and development of upstream, midstream and downstream projects in the hydrocarbons sector. We provide comprehensive legal advice in the exploration and exploitation of hydrocarbons projects in conventional, unconventional deposits, both onshore and offshore.
Regarding the mining extractive industry, we advise our clients in the development of mining projects, participating in transactions related to acquisitions of mining companies and we support global mining companies in regulatory matters relevant to the industry, as well as in the structuring of financing operations corporate and project financing.
- We work hand in hand with leading international law firms advising clients on a variety of issues related to the mining-energy industry, including cross-border acquisitions, project financing, capital market transactions, as well as in relation to conflict resolution before tribunals and international arbitration panels.We have extensive experience in the completion of due diligence of oil, gas and mining projects, on regulatory issues and compliance, advising on the mitigation of risks associated with the activity, the ownership of the license, management and administration of the contract and the follow-up of procedures before the governmental authorities.We are permanently attentive to advise our clients in their daily operations, as well as in compliance issues with the regulations applicable to areas such as taxes, exchange control, industry-specific regulations and regulations on the prevention of money laundering, anti-corruption practices and financing of terrorism.
Another advantage is that appraisals were presented by the creditor (plaintiff) in previous years, and housing increases year after year. This gives an added value to the purchase of real estate through the public auction both to investors and to any person wishing to buy their home. However, it is important to be clear about the procedure to participate in a public auction where the person who purchases the home will be the one who offers the most money in a sealed envelope.
Heritage Management is a multidisciplinary practice that takes into account the family and its needs in an integral manner. The team that operates as a specialized firm, in which the lawyers provide a personalized service, guaranteeing total confidentiality, even within the same firm, when working on legal matters of the families.